Monday, May 4, 2009

Livejournal: How do I put a link in my post to...?

How do I put a link in my post that will take who ever clicks it to the "Full" post? Like, if I want to show a table, but I don't want it taking all the space up on the front of my livejournal, so I put in a link saying, "click here" and it'll take people to the table or pictures, also on livejournal?





If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I have an example..Bedheadjournal on LJ puts a link in her posts that will take you to the actual pictures she's talking about.





http://bedheadjournal.livejournal.com/

Livejournal: How do I put a link in my post to...?
It's called an "LJ Cut."





If you just want an lj cut that says "Read More...", then just write %26lt;lj-cut%26gt;. If you want to close that cut and write something else under it that will be seen outside the cut, then close it with %26lt;/lj-cut%26gt; and create another one under it too.





If you want the cut to say something, then write


%26lt;lj-cut text="write whatever you want here that's the subject"%26gt;


and you don't need to write anything after if that's all you want.





I hope that helps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment