Monday, November 16, 2009

Should I start a LIVEJOURNAL?

Slight dilemma:





Should I start a LIVEJOURNAL? There's a couple points to this question that is causing my indecisiveness.





1 - I'm a writer and I feel like if I had a journal to write in everyday it would keep my skills sharp and in practice.





2 - I like the idea of archiving things that have happened in my life. It's fun to go back and review a journal. In a lot of cases I would have forgotten things that happened and that's a shame.





--- BUT ---





3 - I am a private person with a public persona to protect. I wouldn't want my private business out there in the open for the world to see.





4 - I'd want to be honest, so should I write how I feel about situations, even if I offend people who I consider friends? (Assuming I make the journal public/semi-public.)





5 - *Very important* - What if LIVEJOURNAL goes out of business or the owners decide to sell the business? Will all my writings be lost forever?





Bonus:


6 - What if I die? Will my grandkids ever get to see it?

Should I start a LIVEJOURNAL?
1. that would be a very good reason to use LJ





2. that is why I use it also





3. you have three options: public anyone and everyone can see it


friends only FO: only the people you have chosen can see those entries


private: only you can see it





4. it all depends. I can't really answer that for you.





5. you can back up your journal at any time.





6. depends on how you save it (like if you back it up), and what your security settings are

dental implants

No comments:

Post a Comment