Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a blog on blogspot.com, but I might switch to LiveJournal. How is LiveJournal better?

What kind of templates does LiveJournal use?





Do you think LiveJournal is the best blog host to switch to?

I have a blog on blogspot.com, but I might switch to LiveJournal. How is LiveJournal better?
I've got an LJ account but I guess it'd be quite better to stay in BlogSpot. It'd be quite hard to customize your theme since LJ doesn't support JavaScripts and such (as for me, I'm not good in web designs). But if you know well in CSS and HTML, I guess you'd get by. Anyway, they've got lots of good templates and communities. So just look around!





LJ has different Layout styles - Expressive, Clean and Simple, Flexible Squares, Magazines, etc.





You can join lots of communities in LJ - groups of a specific interest (example, a group of Anime Addicts...)





LJ has the security options wherein you can choose whether you want your posts to be in private (YOU can ONLY see your posts), friends (your FRIENDS ONLY can see your entries) and public (EVERYONE can see your entries).





You can also upload userpics (minimum of 6, I guess - depending on your account type).





And, you can have your mood themes which are images you can use to modify (if that's the word) or spice up your mood/blog entry. - haha. I can't describe them.





Only that LJ has their HTML tags (such as the %26lt;lj-cut%26gt; and %26lt;lj-embed%26gt; which is a bit confusing for new users).





* If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. And please don't forget to send me your LJ url (if ever) and let's be friends. ~.^


No comments:

Post a Comment